Position: Marketing Manager
Location: Vaughn, ON; Edmonton, AB; or Burnaby, BC
Contract: Full Time
FVB Energy Inc. is a consulting engineering firm specializing in district energy and combined heat and power (CHP) systems, with offices in Minneapolis (USA), Toronto, Edmonton, Vancouver and Ottawa (Canada). FVB Energy Inc. is the North American subsidiary of the Swedish consulting firm Fjärrvärmebyrån ab (FVB District Energy Inc.).
FVB is committed to aiding communities and institutions find the right alternative energy solutions for their present and future needs. We believe in district heating, district cooling and cogeneration and how these systems connect communities and institutions to a host of energy, environmental and economic benefits.
At FVB Energy, marketing is about understanding people — and building awareness about how our services can meet their needs. We are seeking an experienced and versatile Marketing Manager who is hungry to do this and more. Our ideal candidate has experience developing and executing marketing campaigns while managing and inspiring a team. They will be comfortable with day-to-day marketing activities, as well as long-term strategy, thriving with tight deadlines and changing needs. If you are a people-person who loves the rewarding challenge of building a brand, we want to hear from you.
The Marketing Manager position requires a candidate who:
• Is comfortable working on multiple deliverables at any given time,
• Possesses excellent communication and time management skills, and
• Is self-motivated and able to work as part of a team or individually
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field
• 7+ years of experience in a similar position in an Architecture, Engineering or Construction firm
• Proven experience developing marketing plans and campaigns
• Proficiency working in a Microsoft Office environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills
• Metrics-driven marketing mind with an eye for creativity
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Proficiency with online marketing and social media strategy is preferred
• Technical experience or background, especially in the HVAC or Energy sector is preferred
Marketing Strategy & Planning
• Gather customer and market insights to inform outreach strategies, increase client conversions, and generate more qualified leads
• Identify effectiveness and impact of current marketing initiatives with tracking and analysis, and optimize accordingly
• Monitor various bid websites and develop other channels to explore opportunities
• Use knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators, as well as opportunities for services that will lead to an increase in revenue and profit
• Develop and maintain marketing reports to track Client activity and prospects
• Lead the marketing team to develop proposals and plan pitch approaches that speak to the Client’s needs, concerns, and objectives
• Focus on developing technical knowledge to assist in seeking new business and writing proposals
• Develop and maintain website and other platforms (e.g. social media), including updating content
Stakeholder Relationship & People Leadership
• Regularly present ideas and final deliverables to internal teams
• Communicate with senior leaders about marketing programs, strategies, and budgets
• Present to and consult with senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new service offerings
• Travel to FVB Client sites within Canada to develop and maintain strong relationships
• Work collaboratively across all offices as an integral member of the FVB team
• Provide leadership and guidance to marketing team members, ensuring optimal performance of duties and teamwork with departments and stakeholders
Other duties will be assigned, as necessary
Success will be determined by the Marketing Manager’s ability to:• Establish positioning, identify target audiences, and develop marketing plans with specific objectives across different channels and segments
• Lead the preparation of proposals for clients, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration
• Develop productive relationships with existing and probable clients
• Analyze customer insights, consumer trends, market analysis, and marketing best practices to build successful strategies
• Create, maintain, and conduct analytics reporting and extract key insights for future marketing efforts and strategies
Salary is commensurate with experience and skill. FVB offers a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees.
If you are interested in working for FVB Energy Inc. please email your resume with covering letter, subject heading “Marketing Manager” to: email@example.com
FVB Energy Inc. is a proud equal opportunities employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank all candidates for showing interest in this position, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies or phone calls please.